Hey Sugar Lovers! Need inspired date ideas for this Valentine's? No worries. We got you covered.
1. Ice Skating – A little overdone? Maybe, but it’s overdone for a reason. It also gives a wonderful excuse to hold your Valentine’s hand. Bryant Park’s Citi Pond offers free admission and a rink-side restaurant—skating and dinner bundled in one.
2. A Trip to the Market – Chelsea Market, of course! Located in the Meatpacking District, this collection of restaurants and shops is cozy and charming. Pick up some cheese, chocolate, and a bottle of wine. And don’t forget to take a walk on the High Line while you’re in the neighborhood.
3. Smell the Roses – Well, not exactly. The Brooklyn Botanic Garden is open year round and can certainly provide a scenic view for a romantic promenade with your date. Watch out for Spring Bulbs and Orchids; they bloom in February.
4. Go to a Bar – A Dessert Bar, silly! If you’ve got a fancy for fancy desserts, try Spot Dessert Bar on St. Mark’s Place or ChikaLicious on 10th Street. They’ll satisfy any sweet tooth.
5. Put a Twist on Wine Tasting – If your Valentine has a thing for tea, why not make this classy practice a little more personal? Try an assortment of teas together and choose your favorite one. Remember to drop a couple Mini Heart Sugars in your cup to add a touch of
elegance — perfect for the occasion, non?
If you’re stumped for gifts, our gourmet sugars are great for any occasion, especially this one. A box of our Sucre Carré (adorned with edible blooms) is a sweet accompaniment to any bouquet of flowers and our Mini Flowers and Hearts are a delectable spin on the typical box of chocolates.
Whatever your V-day plans, have an awesome Valentine’s Day and happy February!
All the Best,
Chambre de Sucre
P.S. … (no, not “I love you,” but we do!) Get ready for some brand new products and watch out for us in the March issue of Saveur Magazine.